Stuck for a place to go?
Looking for a learning experience for you and your family?
There is a wealth of learning experiences in museums. Many of the big museums are free, so it won’t cost you a penny to see all what the museums have to offer.
I have listed some museums to visit:
- British Museum www.britishmuseum.org
- The Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/petrie
- Science Museum www.sciencemuseum.org.uk
- International Slavery Museum www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ism
- Tate Gallery www.tate.org.uk
- Victoria & Albert Museum www.vam.ac.uk
- National Gallery www.nationalgallery.org.uk
- Imperial War Museum www.iwm.org.uk
- Natural History Museum www.nhm.ac.uk
- National Maritime Museum www.nmm.ac.uk
- London Transport Museum www.ltmuseum.co.uk
- Museum of London www.museumoflondon.org.uk
- Bank of England Museum www.bankofengland.co.uk
- The Cuming Museum www.southwark.gov.uk/cumingmuseum
For a list of museums in African countries, go to http://www.africa.com/guide-to-museums
For a list of museums in the USA, go to http://archives.icom.museum/vlmp/usa.html